Every individual has their own needs to be met. However, Persons with disabilities and special needs have difficulties in performing everyday dental care practices. These persons need oral care treatment as everyone else does, and they can get treatments they need from a dentist who caters patients with special needs. At Clover Smile Studio, we offer a variety of Special Needs Dentistry Services to provide the necessary dental care treatments our patients need.
Who are Considered to have Special Needs?
Patients with developmental disabilities, physical, medical, or cognitive conditions are considered as patients having special needs and require specialized, personalized dental treatments.
Patients who experience the following are also under the care of Special Needs Dentistry:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Down Syndrome
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Mobility issues
- Behavioral or emotional conditions
- Other Conditions that make the regular activities more challenging.
What is Special Needs Dentistry?
Special Needs Dentistry ensures that all the patients, regardless of their condition, receive attention when it comes to caring for their smiles. Dentists, assistants, and staffs from Clover Smile Studio have undergone additional training to understand, accommodate, and provide proper treatments to the dental health issues of patients with special needs.
Special Needs Dentistry Services Offered at Clover Smile Studio
- Dental Phobias. Clover Smile Studio provides specialized care to help patients with dental anxiety to overcome the fear of dental procedures in the form of Sedations. Oral Conscious Sedation is taken orally to help patients stay calm and relax during procedures. While Nitrous Oxide is a breathable gas mixed with oxygen that also allows the patients to relax throughout dental procedures.
- Disabilities. Patients with disabilities or abnormalities are more prone to have poor dental hygiene and oral health. They need more specialized, personalized attention to help them perform oral health care may it be at home or in an office. Dentists under special needs dentistry are highly trained to provide and perform dental care services that patients with disabilities need.
- Severe Gag Reflex. Some patients may experience difficulties when having a dental procedure because of gag reflex issue. Extra saliva and swallowing cause patients to gag; which can be dangerous and can cause choking. Gag Reflex can also get in the way of the necessary treatments to be performed. Clover Smile Studio offers Sedation dentistry services to provide a more comfortable and relaxed dental treatment procedure to prevent hyper gag reflex.
- Sleep Apnea. The key to treating sleep apnea is to open up the airway while sleeping. When the soft tissue or tongue fall against the back of the mouth, it can result in the blocking of the airway. We offer customized dental night guards that are a comfortable remedy for oral health problems like sleep apnea. The plastic devices are custom-made based on the patients bite to comfortably and securely fit over the teeth. Night guards are dental appliances that can shift the jaw and help open the airway during sleep.
Every person deserves the dental care they need to maintain oral health. It is important to treat dental conditions with the necessary treatments to avoid complications. Special Needs Dentistry got it all covered for patients with disabilities.
You deserve outstanding dental care services. Book your appointment with us at Clover Smile Studio for your Special Needs Dentistry Services in Austin, TX and let us help you achieve a beautiful and a healthy teeth!