Nowadays, the leading option for people who experience tooth loss is dental implants. Out of all the other teeth replacements available, it is the closest to natural teeth. Due to this, a dental implant is the most wanted and availed solution by most people. Its popularity shows on the statistics provided by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. There are now more than 3 million Americans who have availed of the restoration, and the number is still expected to increase by 500,000 every year!
Have you been thinking of investing in dental implants but quite hesitant if it is really worth it? We at Clover Smile Studio can help encourage people about its advantages and the reasons why getting a restoration is essential. Continue reading!
Dental Implants: Pros
- Compared to other restoration options, dental implants have the highest success rate of more than 90%! This figure makes the procedure a reliable and safe solution for tooth loss.
- Its placement does not require enamel shavings. As a result, the other teeth can retain their healthy structures.
- The prosthesis can last for a lifetime – this is probably the most favorable benefits that only dental implant can provide. However, this is only possible if a patient observes proper care and maintenance.
- It has a fortunate side effect of promoting jawbone growth – thanks to osseointegration. Only dental implants can achieve this feat, and it is possible because of the titanium posts surgically implanted on the jaw.
- Patients can eat all the foods they want without restrictions. Dental implants are durable and stable, so they need not worry about a wobbly and slipping appliance.
- Cleaning is no longer a hassle since patients can normally brush, floss, and rinse without the need for special creams or soaking.
- Speaking would also come in naturally since the teeth will not feel too awkward in the mouth — no need to worry about lisps or mispronunciations due to a misfitted oral device.
Dental Implants: Cons
- Patients are usually worried about the surgical procedure involved in placing the implants.
- Dental implants, compared to other restorative options, costs more. However, if longevity and other factors are considered, it is totally worth the cost.
- Additional dental work may be needed (depending on the condition of a patient). But, this is only done to secure the success of the dental implant.
- It is possible for an infection to take place.
At Clover Smile Studio, we ensure patients that the possible adverse effects of dental implant placement, like infection, are less likely to occur. Our team is also more than happy to provide patients with the best aftercare tips to secure fast recovery for a good overall experience!
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dental Implants in Austin, TX, or to schedule your appointment with Clover Smile Studio!